Mining Water Treatment
Rely on McCue to reliably and responsibly treat mine water so your exploration project or mining operation productivity remains high. We are responsive, efficient and professional.
McCue’s Mining Services include:
- Full engineering services
- Mine dewatering
- Custom water treatment plant design
- Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract opportunities
- Plant financing opportunities
- Water management services or support
- Permitting support & regulatory liaison
McCue provides services and high and low flow equipment for the treatment of a range of contaminants in mine water including but not limited to:
- Suspended solids
- Low/high pH
- Metals (total and dissolved)
- Organic matter
- Oil and grease
- Free phase and dissolved hydrocarbons
- Volatile organic compounds
- Inorganic matter including dissolved solids, nutrients and salts
Does your site require chemical addition? Our chemical selection is performed on a situation-specific basis employing bench scale tests using bulk water samples.
We are familiar with the challenges of working in places restricted by climate conditions, scarce resources, and accessibility.
In fact, we consider challenging sites in remote parts of Canada our niche.
Here is an example of just one logistical concern that you do not to have to concern yourself with:
Challenge #100: We need flocculant, but what kind?
- Thinking Technically: How will the mine water chemistry impact flocculant performance? What equipment is required to deploy the flocculant.
- Thinking Labour: Who is going to supply and maintain the equipment? Are they qualified?
- Thinking Logistically: What is the cost to fly labour in? How do we transport the flocculant to site?
- Thinking Sustainability: How far does the flocculant have to travel? How do we optimize flocculant use to minimize costs and waste?
McCue has the answers you need in regards to mine water treatment and flocculant use. For some examples click here.
*A wide range of water treatment chemicals are available directly from McCue.
McCue’s General Water Treatment Services include:
- Characterization of wastewater management issues
- Bench and field scale testing of wastewater treatment technologies
- Development and bench scale testing of chemical treatment programs
- Design of treatment equipment to meet water quality objectives
- Equipment and chemical procurement
- Water treatment system fabrication, installation and commissioning
- System operation and maintenance
Dewatering and Water Treatment
We also provide cost effective dewatering and water treatment equipment for other sectors including: